We are delighted to offer for sale this special limited production 2012 Morgan Plus 4 Supersports 60th Anniversary.
The Morgan Plus 4 was launched to the world at the1950 Earl’s Court Motor Show. This was an incredibly capable Morgan and became the platform for regular performance enhancements, exploiting the perfect balance of power and weight. These enhancements led to the groundbreaking success of the famous TOK258 piloted by Chris Lawrence and Richard Shepherd-Baron. Taking victory in the GT classification against the ‘big boys’ of Ferrari and Porsche Works teams at the 1962 Le Mans 24 hour race. This success led to Peter Morgan introducing many permanent additions that have led to the British sportscar becoming a true icon.
To celebrate that 1960s motor racing spirit, almost six decades on from that famous victory, Morgan Motor Company have produced a Morgan Plus 4 Supersports in collaboration with Aero Racing Limited. The limited production of only forty-two cars mirrors the forty-two original Supersports from the period and come with a host of upgrades to make this a fitting homage to the original whilst maintaining the superb reliability of a modern Morgan.
Please see the list of features below;
• Minilite centre lock wheels
• 3 eared spinners
• Grill mesh
• Aluminium front under tray
• Bonnet scoop with full louvres
• Stick on front number plate
• Bonnet pins
• Flat back panel with louvres
• Le Mans filler cap
• Rear exit sports exhaust
• Super Sport signature badge
• 9 stud screen and hood
Engine, drivetrain and suspension
• 2ltr variable cam engine with 200 bhp
• Throttle bodies
• Uprated Exhaust system
• Adjustable shock absorbers
• Anti-tramp bar
• Panhard rod
• Uprated brake pads and reaction bars
• 3.73 limited slip differential
• 3 turn steering rack
• Banjo steering wheel
• Light ash wood dash with map light
• Black leather standard
• Rubber mats
• Perforated leather crash pad
• Black perforated leather door tops
• Black perforated leather seat centres
• Net door pockets and glove box
• Stop watch timing clocks
• Unique dial aesthetic
• Toggle switches
• Anniversary Plus 4 numbered badge
This meticulously maintained example is presented in the Sport Red paint with the factory yellow racing roundels and has covered just 4,750 miles in total. This is a particularly special anniversary edition is number 42 of 60.
For more information or to arrange a viewing, please contact a member of our sales team.